I'm a graduate of the Fashion Arts program at Seneca College in Toronto. I'm currently the head designer at Joe-Ella in Toronto. I design special occasion and casual dresses and legging sets for children. I specialize in technical and fashion illustrations. I've been working at Joe-Ella since 2012.
About the photos
The example photos loaded with this site is the property and work of the talanted photographer Peter House http://housethephotographer.com
The Photos are from the company I'm currently working at Joe-Ella. www.Joe-ella.com
• Designer of three brands, Joe-Ella, Gidget Loves Milo, and Halo-Halo Girls.
• Creates detailed technical drawings of children's clothes. (Dresses, legging sets, onesies)
• Creates business cards, neck labels and hang tags, also promotional banners for flash sale web sites, as well as the Joe-Ella website.
• Creates catalogues of all designs for boutiques and buyers
• Designs new fabrics using the most up to date trend forecasting information.
• In constant communication with factories over seas, to assure products are up to standards.
• Creates order files of garments that are sent to the factories.
• Fits garments to specifications.
Ash City-Textile Graphic Artist
• Expert use of Illustrator to create logos, technical drawings and hang tags for international manufacturer of t-shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, dress shirts and other corporate and sportswear
• Computer drawing skills utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop programs
• Maintain colour and black/white photocopy/printer equipment for department team
• Scan, modify and distribute documents to other departments
• Respond in a timely fashion to requests from other departments
• Attention to detail and observation skills used in modifying, upgrading and forwarding of documents and projects
• Excellent use and understanding of design and principles of colour
Bridal and Beyond-Bridal Consultant
• Provided customer service and styling assistance to brides, brides maids and mother of the bride/groom
• Maintained calm attitude while working with clients who were often very stressed due to impending weddings
• Prepared purchase orders which required exact measurements to ensure customer satisfaction
• Used cash/computer system to sell as well as book appointments
• Balanced cash register system and took deposits to bank
• Maintained showroom in an orderly fashion to facilitate sales
• Carried heavy gowns to and from change rooms, stockroom and selling floor
• Worked at two locations and transported merchandise to and from both stores
Free-lance Wardrobe Assistant
• Worked as Wardrobe Assistant on 11 films
• Attention to detail required to ensure every actor is wearing the correct arrangement of garments
• Used CPlot, Word and Excel to maintain wardrobe and continuity
• Built wardrobes from script breakdown
• Took and printed photographs of actors to maintain continuity
Shoppers Drug Mart-Cashier Superviser
• Supervised full and part time staff in busy drug store (open 7 days a week until midnight)
• Independently opened and closed store following all policies and procedures including arming and disarming store security system
• Balanced cash receipts; authorized and checked cashiers work
• Solved customer concerns, returns and complaints
• Worked in a variety of positions including cash, cosmetics department, pharmacy
• Was promoted to Supervisor in less than one year after start date while in first year of college
About the site